Thursday, April 22, 2010

With Bright Shining Faces


I could get to like this thing.

Working at the Orchard means you have to keep up with the latest and greatest ... Especially if you're going to teach it to folks, justifying the investment of their hard-earned money.

Probably should not have gotten this thing (I'm typing on it now) ... The iPad, I mean. It was what I call a "planned impulse". Still it seems to be working out and it does make blogging a little easier.

"Inuk" is now running on its own ... I went to the final tech two nights ago and was astounded at how intense and theatrical the show is. A good 70% of the music has been revised - or deleted - for pretty good reasons, most of them structural, some of them performance-based.

I'm playing hooky from the final dress - hiding out at Enzo with a roomful of people - barely inside my tolerance level but doable if I stay focussed on writing.

If you take the show on its own terms it's astoundingly theatrical and moving. If you don't then you will get lost in the details of the show and only see what is in front of you and not what is in your heart.

It's an important distinction and one that will make or break your experience of anything more complex than something like "Three's Company".

So I am intensely interested in how the audience reacts. If the kids in the show understand and believe - or even just believe without understanding - then it will be a sight to see.


I'll let you know how it all turns out.


-- Post From My iPad

No comments: