Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Best I've Ever Had and Then Some


Not quite sure where this post is going to go.


Saturday night in fabulous Portland.


I'm back at Boda, the new Thai place down from my apartment. It's a warm(ish) evening out and I'm just about done in. Didn't sleep well, though, now that I think of it, I know I spent most of it asleep.


I started at the Orchard later than usual and took time to sit out front and edit pics from last week's iPad launch. The day took off and was an interesting mix of lessons, study, dead time and general hanging out.


We were very busy but we still seemed to have time to chat, smile and tell knock-knock jokes.


So now I'm having a Rosemary Manhattan and asparagus spears wrapped in bacon.


I think this is the first bacon or bacon-like food I've had in quite some time. I don't really cook eggs and sausage and rice scrambles for breakfast in my new apartment. The cuisine in my previous place caused my pots to be so dirty that the first time I boiled water for tea in the new place the fire alarm went off.


While I was trying to make tea. A fire alarm.


So, properly shamed, I find that I eat less fatty meat, fix a lot of crock-pot wonders, tuck into a lot of fruit.


Tomorrow is a day off. With the laundry done I'm torn between going upstate to visit friends and just sleeping the whole day away. Probably some combination of the two.

No comments: