Friday, April 2, 2010

Walking in Advance of the Landing


I've tried to avoid Starbucks but they're so conVENient and the coffee is so GOOD - even though I'm just drinking a Pellegrino as I write ...

It's a bright, bright sunny day here - I'm going for a walk in a few minutes with EH and his extraordinary son TA, probably out to the beach again. Somehow I think this one will have a significantly different feel than the cold, austere and somewhat drearily beautiful one I had a couple of weeks ago.

TA is an amazing kid - he's dodged a genetic bullet, 23rd chromosome syndrome - with only minor effects, the most striking of which is his size - he's noticeably smaller than his cousins born during the same month (which is another saga altogether). He is very bright, very loving, with merry blue eyes, blonde hair and glasses - two years before I got my first pair - amazing!

Think of Charles Wallace in "A Wrinkle In Time" - that kind of child. Come to think of it, Madeline L'Engle stayed at their house (in what is now the living room with its blue-glass chandelier) whenever she stayed with TA's great-grandmother (which is another saga altogether).

Still very tired from the week's work - both at the Orchard and for Inuk - good grief, I almost called iNuk ...

Pretty much all the music is written - still have to see the dream sequence to figure out the underscore, as well as the shark attack, which is more of an underscare - and set the actual opening.

Though the kids sound great - especially the Seals - I still have no idea what this actual sound of this show is going to be - it's the weirdest thing. How authentic do I make it, given the very limited resources I have - well, the kids are unlimited, the budget is not.

Still, I like what I've written - or what I've written with the kids, because I sat down with each of them as I revised it to make it fit their voices and their parts of the story - they came up with some nice suggestions.

Meanwhile, comma, tomorrow is iPad release day and the energy has been building in the Orchard for weeks. I can't wait.

So today, being a First Friday, I'm going to enjoy this - maybe go out and buy a pair of bright green boat shoes to wear tomorrow.

The other thing will be to take time to really enjoy what's going on around me.

Oops - the alarm just went off on my phone - have to go walk.

No comments: