Thursday, April 8, 2010

Enzo and a Thought



Taking time to give time away.

It's been noted that Thursday is my Friday. I cannot tell you how relieved I am to have reached it.

The Orchard has been something more than a souk and less than a madhouse. I've been very busy teaching and studying, learning the in and outs of various electronic devices. I've enjoyed it.

The end of my shift has usually meant jumping into my car and racing to USM for Inuk rehearsal.

No. Jumping into the car and racing to McDonald's - then racing to USM.

We're into the final stages of settling the show. Tonight I am playing hooky (or taking a sanity evening) from a "Lion's Den" for it. It's a designer's run-through. I should be there to see how the music is working but I'm just too tired.

I hope I never lose the sense of amazement and joy when I hear my music performed; hear it with other people making it their own. It's such a fun thing to share...

...no, "fun" doesn't even begin to describe the feeling. It's something between tears and ecstasy. I've always felt it, all of my life, for even the simplest things.

For someone so selfish I really like to share.

So, here I am next to Otto Pizza, in a charming little wine bar called Enzo - whether or not it's related to the founder of Ferrari I have no idea.

It's a bijou little place; white tile with dark wood accents, brass sheeting backs the shelves and lines the space between the doors and the ceiling. I'm not really one for wine but this place seems just low-key enough to be interesting.

I can also see that it can become miserably crowded and hip at certain other time...

Took some pics on my peregrination about the town - with luck I'll sleep the night through and have a full and wonderful day tomorrow....

Some things really are worth planning for.

1 comment:

glstrom said...

hi, have heard otto is the pizza place but have no idea where it is...guess I will learn soon enough! glad you have managed a balanced existence and nothing better than sharing artistic talent. have moved some stuff in, sunday is rearranging day but still too early for habitation