Saturday, February 21, 2009

Change lights light change


Waiting for EH to call back with feedback on my feedback on his sermon.  I saw it yesterday evening, Friday.  It is my habit to look at his work for grammatical feedback.  I speak enough German to see where he is coming from when he wanders off in some strange direction - or, more importantly, where he is going to.

I wrote some notes on his computer, sitting with his small son in my lap.  They led EH to split the sermon into two parts.

Usually this feedback is given at the King of the Roll sushi shop - last night his wife was gone with two of the kids, leaving EH with the other two, or we'd be discussing this over rice and double bowls of miso soup.

This morning was a quiet riot at the Orchard as I helped teach a workshop on GarageBand.  We were supposed to have a dozen kids - two showed up.  There was also a workshop on iTunes/iPods with more than half-a-dozen folks as well as a One to One.


All told there were more than a dozen folks in the place more than thirty minutes before the place opened.

Afterwards I came home to set up dinner in the crockpot - walking by Congress Square I noticed a forklift preparing to bring down the colored lights in the Square. 

The times are changing.

The wind was fairly comfortable today.  I'd call it "warm" if I didn't know better.

Once the stew was online I headed out again to shop for Mardi Gras - specifically finding a gross of really, really cheap beads for Monday night here at the NorthStar (where I'm writing from now).  They should be a nice addition.  I'm tempted to bring masks but there are some things I just can't worry about.

Enough just to bring beads.

And so to this evening and waiting for EH to either phone or post back - or if he has any sense he'll just do the damned sermon and let God sort them out.

Meanwhile the sunset was lovely through the windows of my place looking out onto Doctor's Row.  There are fairy lights in the last basket my mother working on before she died.  They looked wistful and dramatic simultaneously.

Perhaps that is where I am tonight as well.

No comments: