Saturday, July 3, 2010

Where ever it is you go, there you are ...

One of my friends tells me I am "cursed with vision".

Not "visions".

Vision.

I have always - seemed to always - have faced the world as one of Pearl Buck's creative souls - "A human creature born abnormally, inhumanely sensitive" - do a search and look it up, if you're a new friend of mine I'll have inflicted it on you already ...

... anyway ...

... what this means, in the practical sense, is that any new idea comes to me in intense, dizzying clarity ... my intuition "sees" to the end of anything, whether a musical idea or a process for solving a problem.

This leads to one of the greastest professional dangers - and satisfactions - of my job at the Orchard.

Sometimes people come to me with problems during their training sessions, problems that I can see a solution and structure for, see it immediately.

My pride comes in setting my own process aside and focussing all my energy on helping my client find their own solution and structure - if I point out the dots then they can connect them in their own way.

Give someone a thought and they think for a minute - show them how to think and they'll never be stupid again.

Well, in theory, anyway.

So, for my own poor self, I have to accept where I am, going from there to the destination I see so clearly ...

.... Wherever that turns out to be, of course ...


-- Post From My iPad

No comments: