Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Only Slightly Uphill


We're in the final stages of prep for the new communication device. I'm also in the process of finishing a new birthday tango. Once it's been presented I can't wait to post the recording.

The work I'm doing with Logic Pro is paying off. Instruments are becoming more balanced and the sound of the mix is more focussed.

So much so that I'm coming to realize just how badly - or, more accurately, how much more room for expression I left - I played in the parts.

Something like that.

There's a lot of drama in this piece - for the first time I think it has a real balance of drama, danceability and musicianship. It's a question of getting to a point where "what" I write is overshadowing "how" I write.

Which means, amongst other things, that there's a much greater chance that any false move will throw the damned thing off, rather like a fly landing on the end of a tightrope walker's pole - just enough to throw the whole thing into the drink.

The higher you reach the easier a small thing can mess you up.

Frankly, I love it.

-- Post From My iPad

No comments: