Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Creative afterglow


Well, I've finished another piece. A birthday piece for my friend Adira who is a talented and expressive dancer. This is the first independant piece (the score for Inuk does not count) that I've written in quite a while. Usually I have to take the needs of my local musicians into account. This seems a lot easier to think about and much harder to execute.

Adira seemed to like it a lot. I hope it gives her something to work with in terms of dancing.

Now there's another birthday coming up soon and I have to get organized to sit down and get to work.

Went for a long walk after taking Adira to dinner to listen to the piece (thank-you iPad). We had a lot of rain this afternoon, so I'm told. People would come into the Orchard from different locations in various levels of dampness.

Some had encountered no rain at all. Others were recounting tales of blistering, though short, downpours. We could track the storn cells on our computers but the day was so busy we kind of lost track.

As usual there were a dozen accurate stories. We just took them where they were.




-- Post From My iPad

No comments: