Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Life In The Time Of 2/4


Danger. Sugar crash.

I'm diabetic and have to worry a lot about balancing my activities with my blood sugar. Most of the time It's too high, so having moments, like now , when I am shaky and unfocussed (well, more than usual) is a bit of a challenge.

I should leave int he typing werroes to show how inacurate I am until the sugars derom the pizza and glass of wine I've ordered kick in to smooth out my relationship wipth relaity. Someday I'm going to, under controlled conditions, ride this out tot the very edge og passing out, may e beyond it, just to see ehatit's like.

It's a funny weakness, a kimd of craving shakiness inmy physical core. My fingers tremble, I spill olive oil from my pizza on my nice white trousers (damn!).

I've started working on a mew birthday piece for another friend. It seems like a new style for me, more "song" than the usual sympgonic approach I take. I like it but am kind of stuck for a rwxt for my firend (who is a remarkable singer ) to use.

I had one by Garcia Lorca but it just does not fit.

Not sure if it's going to be a tango or not. It will work like one, hopefully danceable.

Now working on a bottle of San Pellegrino - I feel secure enough ( and my typing seems to have improved enough) so that I can worry about hydrating rather than passing out.

OK - one of my colleagues from the Orchard walked ina nd we're going to talk politics. More fun.



-- Post From My iPad

No comments: