Thursday, April 16, 2009

Watching the Changes Happen


Facebook gallery is here.

Sitting at Party More, what has become my usual Thursday night post.

Long streamers with Batman logos festoon the rafters.   There is a woman dressed as a cat - another sporting a flashing red light on her head is occupying a space at the bar.

Several places.

But, I've been out today.  My friend Mia is still in the cardiac unit at Maine Med - her incident from the other night has been officially confirmed as a heart attack - and a bad one.

I've spent most of the day either doing laundry or waiting for her to get out of tests - tests which ultimately confirmed the severity of her cardiac event.

The days have definitely gotten warmer and brighter.  As I've said before I don't consider Spring as being officially underway until the street sweepers came out to pick up all the trash on the side of the roads.

That process has officially begun.  I was moving laundry into my apartment when the street sweeper came by.  It was on the work of a moment to grab my camera and shoot.

It was a neat thing.  The driver waved at me.  It was very loud and swishy (strange how many of those types cross my path).  I watched it drive away and then I went inside to finish putting the clothes away.

So I've been feeling a strange, strange combination of emotions: satisfaction and relief from the weather and my tango work; a tense worry about Mia and where it will lead her.

More work to do.

No comments: