Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The View From a Tattered Springtime Barstool


Facebook gallery is here.

I'm writing this from Geno's Bar.  Sue me.  There's a scotch and soda at my side - Jameson's.

I don't know who made the soda.

We're in a very strange season - Spring has been here for a couple of weeks.  JR, Your Friendly Bartender and Owner, is chatting with a blonde lady, mostly about the process of being a landlord for rental units.  One of our local comedians is at the other end, both of us are watching the conversation.

It's too early to have a gin and tonic - the soda is sitting very well.

My surrogate older sister is in the cardiac unit of a local hospital - first a stroke, then surgery to open her carotid artery, and, last night, an apparent heart attack.  The plan was to head back to her rehab home to recover from the stroke - then the surgery - now a heart attack.

My father's wife - still seems strange to call her my "step-mother" - has just had a stroke.  Dad's visit has been postponed.  She is going to be OK but he's not going to leave her side, which I admire and understand.

This has a big adumbration for my own health.  I'm doing better with losing weight but still have a long way to go.

We're in a strange place in Spring.  The trees are not budding yet - there is a warmth to the air but the evenings are still cold.  You can still see the land but not for much longer.  

I've been up north to my SOS's house to pull things for her to use.  The views are wonderful and will be the subject of their own post soon.

It's rather pleasant.  

No comments: