Monday, April 27, 2009

Dancing On the Eve of Oklahoma


This is a very special evening.

This is just like every evening of my life.

Tomorrow I fly home to Oklahoma for three days - my father's wife - I can't bring myself to call her "my step-mother" has had a series of strokes.  

Dad could be in danger of losing a second wife.  I, having had none, can only imagine the intensity of emotion such a circumstance could generate.

I'm writing this from the NorthStar, watching a basic tango lesson being taught, wolfing - yes, wolfing - a bowl of chili.

Tonight - as some of these pictures will show - is very foggy.  I've recently decided that we have officially moved into "early Spring" - you can't call this "late Winter" any longer.


Portland tends to be very foggy at the strangest times.  Up here on the base of Munjoy Hill you can easily see a hill of fog, dominating the skyline of the town.

Summer, especially, seems to bring this kind of behavior on.  You can be sitting by the ocean at the base of Munjoy Hill, nod off for a nap and suddenly wake up in the middle of a Hammer Horror film.

Amazing.

I will admit that Hammer Horror films were very atmospherically photographed, so it is a pretty shock to have.

It looks like a very busy evening will happen here.  The NorthStar beginner lesson had about 12 people, the North Street School lesson seemed to have about 14 - add the regulars to that and it may be a very crowded floor.

I'm rambling, I know.  Tomorrow I'm flying back to Oklahoma - I can't really call it "home".  I'll stop by Kennebunk to see how Mia is doing.  She is doing as well as can be expected - and our expectations have changed in the last week or so.

Then off from Manchester.

I'll update this as I go, as there is a lot to think about, a lot to do.

Meanwhile the fog is outside and I can get lost in my feelings about tonight.  It was spent with friends but it's very hard to keep it all straight.

Well, best things is to just take the time and let things happen.

No comments: