Saturday, June 28, 2008

Here's a Howdy-do


Things happen so fast sometimes.

It's been a official, calendar week since I left LField.  I'm still getting computer alert messages - some of them quite interesting.

I also got an email from Acorn Productions, telling me about the Fourth Friday Artwalk in Westbrook. 

Who knew?

So it seemed a cool idea to stage what Adira called a "tango bomb" - which Tall James said might get us noticed by Homeland security.

So now it's a Tango Flash - or "Flash Tango" - which name went well with the torrential rain and lightening happening about 30 minutes before the scheduled start.

A nervous phone call to Adira about moving it to the local Mexican restaurant got a text saying "move into Dana Warp Mill".   So we did - my friends with Acorn Productions let us use their small studio to dance and it worked out really well.

C. was there to shoot as well - I got a chance to see what I look like when I dance.  C. is a brilliant photographer - I need to lose more weight....