Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Nothing Kills a Man Faster Than Leisure


Thank you, Oscar Wilde.

Work has been an endless series of enlightening challenges.  I'm glad I have a Farmer's Market to run to.

There is a decidedly different feel to the Farmer's Market today.  The energy is a little more diffuse - though the prices on tomatoes have dropped (at some dealers) and corn is slightly cheaper. 

It feels as if the Market is coasting - that the motor has lost it's Summer-sun source of power.  I like it, it's that strange moment of transition again, the moment when the waters hang between ebb and flow, the tide is neither in nor out.

At work we are now past the offcial training stage and getting into things that are specific to our particular store - and the community within it.

I like this kind of stuff.  Sharing with people, the process of getting to know them is pleasant - the way a hot bath feels after you've been doing a lot of hot work - the very feeling is refreshing and you become better at using your energy.

If I have time here I'll post about the Labor Day weekend.  It was filled with work and with fun - and a bit of travel - the only travel I've done all summer.

Still, for just this moment - the one that passed between the "t's" and the "-" I am quiet and struck by the diversity and activity that surrounds me.

No comments: