Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tuesday Is Less Than A Dog Day


Dogs have it easier than cats but cats are smarter.

You couldn't hitch up a bunch of cats to pull a sled across the Iditarod - it just wouldn't happen.

The Dog Days actually happen in August and are signaled by the star Sirius - the Dog Star that follows the constellation Orion.

As a licensed poodle groomer in the state of Oklahoma I have to say I think that would be pretty cool - if it wasn't so damn hot...

So, "now these hot days is the mad blood brewing".

My interview was yesterday.  I think it went pretty well - I had fun and liked the two guys running it.  There was a background check, of course, which included a credit check - I'm not profligate but neither am I a blue chip.

Well, we shall see.

Works has begun on a new tango.  It's nice to get into that mindset - solving problems and imagining how  it will work is fun.  I dance a lot in the room.

Finally I did go to the gym to run.  I want to start running in longer chunks in preparation for heading out in the street.  Sooner or later I have to reach for a level of intensity that will get me into five mile runs.

I've had a mixed relationship with exercise - mixed feelings.  My dad was a runner in college - he was even an extra during the filming of "Jim Thorpe: All American" at Bacone College just after WWII.  He took off running during a race scene and had to be reminded by the AD that Burt Lancaster (Jim Thorpe) was the one who had to win the race.

After that I stopped by Geno's for a tonic (gin is only for the weekends) and listened to a first rate story teller - Laura Packer (whose website is here) - it was only for a moment as she'd been going for a while, but she really gets her point across.

So it's been quite a day - hopefully tomorrow will be just as full of incident and action.

How was yours?