Saturday, July 5, 2008

Looking at the orchard...

Looking at the Apple store in Boston, on Boylston Street.  It took a little walking to get here from the T stop but it seems to have worked out.  I've chatted with some really neat people - and did a quick shot of the staircase.

There is a really neat vibe here.

Everyone is alert to possibilities.  I like that.

The train ride down almost didn't happen - I made it right at 5:59 a.m. and was "encouraged" to run down the ramp to catch the train.  

And that, right there, is a major difference between air and rail travel - you can't jump onto a plane when it leaves the gate.

While on it I discovered a limitation of train travel - the WiFi wasn't working - I offered to fix it but they had an "expert" in yesterday and it didn't happen. 

However I did meet Georgianne Gallagher and Vince Larkin, also teachers. retired and moving to Ogunquit.  They've been summering there for a while and it was neat to compare notes about how we felt about winters both in New Jersey and Oklahoma - in contrast to those in Maine.

I did get a chance to show off my Mac Book to them and the Trainriders Northeast rep - a very nice lady whose name I totally didn't get (UPDATE: her name was Jean - the TRN person going north just told me) - with any luck she'll be on the train going back - of course, the WiFi may not be working on that train either so she may not get on this blog.


So after getting off at the Prudential Center and triangulating the position of the store I've chatted with some Creatives and others - also looked at software (which just doesn't exist in Maine with this level of luxuriance) and getting the vibe.

Right now I have to start back to the train - I have a lot to think about and put together in my head.

I'm blogging from the Apple Store on Boylston Street in Boston.

How freakin' cool is that?