Monday, July 14, 2008

The Notes Between Crusis and Anacrusis


C. pointed out that I repeat myself a lot - in this case "I've never been young".

Which is true - I seem to remember hanging with adults and worrying about adult problems and ideas much before I left elementary school, for good or ill.

Which is why this space between ending teaching and starting in the Orchard is so strangely stressful in its non-stressful way.

I'm spending a lot of time writing music and looking at the city.  No pressure of any kind - it's kind of neat.

I could get to enjoy this - the dial is slowly turning back from "11" to the normal "8.5" I run at.

I've walked around the entire city twice in the past few days - at some point I'm going to have to run it like I did before I tore up my knee in 2001 - but until then I'm going to just work and write, feed the cat and enjoy the space.  Who knows who I will be when it's done?