Friday, June 5, 2009

GingerGlass


A bit cooler than one might like and the music here in JavaNet is a bit louder than one would like (especially if one is trying to edit a brand new tango) but all in all I think it's rather a pretty day.

As pretty as one might like it to be.

This new piece just kind of erupted into my head as I was listening to last night's Rachel Maddow show. I wanted to write something that was more direct, that would lay its rhythm out right from the first bar.

For once I actually started with crafting the melody rather than searching for patterns that sustained a general mood - or pattern of moods.

Patterns that make patterns of moods. I like that.

Anyway, I'm nothing if not flexible. It came together in about an hour. I don't think I'm going to try for a huge artistic statement - just for a little dance tune.

So, with the basic outlines done I'm here at JavaNet, having an Italian Cream Soda with more Gingerbread syrup in it than is probably good for me. And a hot dog from the guy in Monument Square.

A hot dog with kraut - you need to have some kind of vegetable with lunch.

No comments: