Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Transition States and Activation Energy


I helped someone set up a blog today - it was really fun to see that person see their work - even only a few words and a blurry pic shot with the iSight camera on board the iMac.

Like several people I know I spend a lot of time as a catalyst, allowing events and actions to happen but not being changed myself.

Well, maybe not totally - you can't stand around happy people too long without having your soul expanded in some way.

Strangely, the opposite is not always true - hanging around sad people won't always shrink your spirit - our natural drive is to be happy in some way and we'll find a way to do it.

I think that's why there were survivors of the Jonestown Massacre.

There are times when my sadness gets to be so great that if I had a gun and thought I could stand the noise I'd blow my brains out. But since guns are generally a very noisy proposition and I don't have any brains anyway I usually just bull my way through to the other side.

Besides which catalysts are an important part of the world and fulfill themselves by being the cause but not being a part of.

I guess that's just how it is.


-- Post From My iPad


Location:Congress St,Portland,United States

No comments: