Thursday, August 19, 2010

More Than I Deserve


Very often no good deed goes unpunished. This is a rule I've seen at work in all sorts of contexts - though, strangely, not at the Orchard.

With that said, I'm always kind of tickled when I'm proven a liar.

So now, at twilight at the end of a fairly busy day I'm pleased to be enjoying a glass of Chianti, courtesy of the owner of Enzo, the pizza/wine bar that is the scene of so many of the blog posts I've written over the last few months.

The Sun is just getting done with setting - people wander by on Congress Street in couples, stopping to look in and watch me as I look out.

Recursive observation.

I helped the owner with a new device today and am pleased to report that I figured out a fairly esoteric mail problem for him.

So it was interesting to stop by and chat about their continuing router problem. Hopefully I helped and the result, for good or ill, is that I got a piece of pizza, salad, San Pellegrino water and the Chianti for free.

Sometimes just being a part of the mix - as opposed to observing from my usual catalytic point of view - is a lot of fun and worth the effort it takes.

Sometimes.


-- Post From My iPad

No comments: