Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Bride of Shopocalypse


I'm glad I have the chance to type this in - talking is not really an option.

A very strange idea.  Singing for an entire day would be no strain on me at all.  Music comes naturally and strongly to my voice with no trouble.

But it's really hard for me to talk for a long period of time: eight hours yesterday and five hours today.

There were a few more difficult, more challenging problems to work through with folks.  Still, we got through it - though it must be observed that all of us are starting to look a little peaked.

I have to let my voice rest tomorrow.  Maybe get the humidifier out.

I'm not thrilled by the humidifier.  It works - the technology behind it is so simple it can't not work.

Still, I wish my throat and sinuses had adapted to the strain better.  We've just been so intensely busy that I've not really had time to focus my voice in a lighter range.  Perhaps now I'll pay more attention.

I'm dog sitting Chief the Wonderdog tonight.  We walked down to M's apartment, where I'd left my cheater spectacles after our Christmas dinner.  I hadn't even seriously consider that they might be there.

Oh well - nothing of great philosophical import.  The streets are wet - ice and snow crust over the brick of the sidewalks, making them a little more dangerous.

Amazing to think that a week ago we were tensing for the blow of our first snowstorm.

What kind of changes will  we face next?

No comments: