Saturday, June 18, 2011

TangoMoose.3 - Where's My Damn Fez?


So they Hallowee'n shop was out of fez.

Fezs.

Fezzes. I think that's the one. Or plural.

Back in the Apple store on 14th. Charging the phone (done). Pictures edited and uploaded (done).

So now some quick notes and then off to Triangulo for a private tango lesson.

The Standard Hotel is anything but "standard". Its European, minimalist design is very clean, very easy to use. Jim C., after our great switch, are sharing a large bed. He talks in his sleep, in several languages, I thrash. We've done a good job of demarcating the bed so each of us gets at least a reasonable amount of sleep.

I think this hotel was designed for pairs of men that might be a bit more personally involved with each other than Jim and I.

The bed butts up against the wall of the shower, which has no doors and no curtains - the wall itself is glass, the shower has a generous tub, built for two.

I could put this to use - I did take a very luxurious bath this morning, which is rare as I don't often find tubs large enough to fit me.

So we're making it work.

There was a lot of on/off rain yesterday. When we decamped for the Mama Gena Men's night the priority was to preserve CN's hair - which, frankly, looked wonderful. We jumped out in front of the Pennsylvania Hotel, very quickly, so quickly Jim C left his shoes in the car.

So right now I'm off to walk to Trinagulo to take a private tango lesson - and I want to think more about how I'm going to share the whole Mama Gena Men's Night Experience with you.

Give me a few hours.

No comments: